So I just discovered that every single natlang I could find that has clicks, ejectives, AND implosives has a tone system, mostly simple. And the language showed little to no vowel reduction immediately upon my playing with it, which implies this thing may have a tone system and I ought to use one if I want naturalism.
I'm asking for help, if someone could tell me if there's a good resource for baby conlanger's first tonal language exposure at all that would help me hear/understand/grasp tone. I've read all the overview articles in Wikipedia and WALS and a few other things too that rolled right off my American English speaking comprehension, but they didn't really  have sound files that helped either.
Does anyone know a good way to get my feet wet with a simple tone system and actually be able to understand/use it myself? Should I just look up Japanese or Chinese language learning resources or is there something out there where I don't have to learn a language to make this one?