I suspect the cherries line sees parental workout when kids are doing stuff inappropriate to a venue/situation. Sounds  lot like meeting expectations or etiquette anyway.
On Sun, 11/13/16, James Campbell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Con-proverbs and sayings
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 5:35 AM

 This week’s offerings of Jameld
 proverbs and sayings that I've been tweeting – most
 require no explanation this time (although, as Jameld is a
 mutant West Germanic conlang, set in northern Alsace, it is
 appropriate that some of them are variants of common
 European expressions):

 An granz inte wadin na jist an granz.

 A border in the forest is not a border.

 Ér bogen as breken.

 Better bend than break.

 Wihaast und feyl dits̄k tïs.

 Rush and fail slowly twice.

 [More haste, less speed.]

 T’eléf’st nanyiwïti, zo mest auntts̄ te kohk.

 Life is uncertain, so eat the cake first.

 [suggested by a friend]

 Ike na tël kerits̄es inte merits̄es.

 One does not grow cherries in marshland.

 [the interpretation/application of this one is currently
 unclear]

 Jund vïsi wïn mackt te nés röt.

 Even white wine makes the nose red.

 [from a book of Alsatian proverbs I found last year]

 Nanvisi jist nanfari.

 Unseen is unfeared.

 James Campbell
  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>