Dear Matthew,

in german there is the German Text Archive that provides complete dumps of the text, see: http://www.deutsches-textarchiv.de/download

Also you can download a complete zip file of the "Digital Library" hosted at textgridrep.org - a huge collection of german language literature: https://textgrid.de/digitale-bibliothek or you can use the OAI-PMH interface of the hosting repository.

There is many more out there - for example Paul Fievres Repo on GitHub containing frech theatre plays: https://github.com/dramacode/theatre-classique

Best,
Mathias