Dear Matthew,

in german there is the German Text Archive that provides complete dumps
of the text, see: http://www.deutsches-textarchiv.de/download

Also you can download a complete zip file of the "Digital Library"
hosted at textgridrep.org - a huge collection of german language
literature: https://textgrid.de/digitale-bibliothek or you can use the
OAI-PMH interface of the hosting repository.

There is many more out there - for example Paul Fievres Repo on GitHub
containing frech theatre plays:
https://github.com/dramacode/theatre-classique

Best,
Mathias

--
Mathias Göbel
Abt. Forschung & Entwicklung

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (hist. Gebäude, Raum 2.408
<https://lageplan.uni-goettingen.de/?ident=7209_4_2.OG_2.408>)
+49 551 39-20184 (Tel.)