I would really define JARRAPU as mixed, not totally apriori.   Much of it is based loosely on English,
especially if you are willing to forgive what looks like the consequence of shifts.
Example: PEN = benefit.  Squint and you can see where it came from, or at least use it form an association.
JARRAPUA PAJA NANPUFU KAFPAREA
share rap  posh puff graph parle
However, I'm reading the novel "Matter" by Iain Banks, and I am reminded of the language spoken by the Oct.
Or that of the Thermians in the film Galaxy Quest.