发件人: Constructed Languages List <[log in to unmask]> 代表 James Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
发送时间: 2017年1月6日 20:30
收件人: [log in to unmask]
主题: Re: Fwd: Re: Lexember 2016 Géarthnuns

> On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 10:15:38 +0000, And Rosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >[Gosh - evidently Géarthnuns already had words for 'aspic', 'spades', and
> >'wandering jew'! How many of us conlangers can say *that* of our own
> >conlangs...?]

>None of those, I must admit. Where is Géarthnuns set, geographically?

Roughly speaking; small island, Sea of Japan, near Vladivostok, near the mouth of the Tumen River.

> I've developed neither con-cuisine nor con-games nor con-botany (though
> I've thought a little about games at least).  Have any of you?

>Con-botany no, as Jameld is set on this Earth with only minor, very specific tweaks.

Likewise, I guess. Folksy plant and animal nomenclature just evolve slowly.

>When it comes to con-games,

Being set here, Géarthnuns doesn't go nuts with indigenous games. Tiebs, the drinking and poetry-writing "game", is Asian. Names for card suits seemed a necessity for cards.

>And as for con-cuisine,

Lots of East-meets-West stuff and variations of certain wetsern standards. Certain alcoholic beverages that don't exist _here_. For New Year's, Japan's kagami mochi (鏡餅) morphs into libum(s)/liba with bay leaves. The seasonal feast can be held "here" and _here_.

Stuff like that.

Kou

James Campbell
www.zolid.com<http://www.zolid.com> * “Boring, but a cool boring.”
welcome to zolid.com<http://www.zolid.com/>
www.zolid.com
Home of Jameld and other constructed languages. Plexus: the strange produce of two overactive imaginations. The Nanophrasebook: tiny phrasebooks in interesting ...