One issue that I've never solved satisfactorily involves quantity adverbials, which have a number of distinct usages:
5 years old - scalar degree
5 years ago - absolute time when
5 years before - relative time when
for 5 years - duration.
The phrase itself is simple; the problem is how it relates to the rest of the clause or sentence in each usage. With respect to MNCL6, what case (or non-case) ending do these take? Or is some other kind of syntax used? For instance, English manner adverbs manifest as MNCL6 auxiliary verbs.

Jeff