Yes- we use it frequently.  It comes from pharmacy.  It's best if you irrigate rather than curette after the application.  It works well but if left in more than 30 minutes it is very irritating

Jackie Corboy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 5:03 AM, Howard, John <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hello group:
>

> I was curious who uses colace in the PED to assist with cerumen impaction?  The guidelines I've read say 1 ml on affected side, leave cotton in ear, reassess in 20-30 min.
>
> -Do any of you use this?
>
> -If so, do you keep it stocked inside your ED?  (I think waiting for our pharmacy to deliver it to us in the ED would add too much time to an otherwise straight-forward visit.)
>

> Thanks for your feedback,
>

> John Howard, DO
>
> Advocate Children's Hospital
>
> This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

Ranked nationally in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report  (LCHOC Ver 1.0)

s strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

> For more information, send mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  (LCHOC VER 1.0)