Dear PEM Colleagues,
As you plan your trip to San Francisco for PAS this May, please mark your calendars for this year's PEM Special Interest Group session:
Sunday, May 7, 2017 12p-3p, Marriott Marquis Club Room, Foothill C
Title: Pediatric Sepsis: Where Are We NowAnd Where Are We Going?

There is exciting ongoing national work on the emergency department diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and outcomes for pediatric sepsis.  In addition, there is increasing state legislation concerning screening and treatment of sepsis. This SIG will address recent initiatives and goals for future work in order to improve the recognition and management of pediatric patients with sepsis with presentations on guideline development, quality improvement science, knowledge and translational science generation, and legislative action.

Speakers:
Fran Balamuth, MD, PhD, MSCE, Translational research in pediatric sepsis       Marcus Friedrich, MD, MBA, New York state sepsis initiative update      Charles Macias, MD, MPH, Microsystems, macrosystems and national agendas: QI in pediatric sepsis work       Raina Paul, MD, QI to improve sepsis care       Halden Scott, MD, Practice updates from recent clinical research Scott Weiss, MD, MSCE, Definitions, epidemiology, and guidelines for pediatric sepsis Panel Discussion

Objectives:
1. Learn strategies to implement and assess quality improvement initiatives to improve the emergency department recognition and management of pediatric sepsis
2.Recognize current initiatives toward establishing consensus definitions forpediatric sepsis

3.Understand the present and future landscape of clinical and translationalresearch in pediatric sepsis

4.Be familiar with current legislative strategies as they impact pediatric care in the emergency department

We look forward to seeing you at the 2017 PEM SIG!

Jennifer Marin, MD, MSc

Elizabeth Alpern, MD, MSCE

PEM SIG Co-Chairs

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: