Hi Matthew,

I would probably have recorded this in multiple <layout> elements
...something like:

  <objectDesc>
    <layoutDesc>
      <layout writtenLines="35">
        <locus from="5r" to="10v">fol. 5r to 10v</locus>
        <dimensions type="leaf">
          <height></height>
          <width></width>
          <depth></depth>
        </dimensions>
        <note>This layout is fairly boring</note>
      </layout>
      <layout writtenLines="5">
        <locus from="11r" to="123v">fol. 11r to 123v</locus>
        <dimensions type="leaf">
          <height></height>
          <width></width>
          <depth></depth>
        </dimensions>
        <note>Wow! The rest of this ms has a weird layout.</note>
        </layout>
    </layoutDesc>
  </objectDesc>

Though it does beg the question, why are multiple layouts
possible and not multiple supports? If there was the possibility
of multiple supports I would have done the same as above but with
support.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]