Hi Lou,

I think that, whether a strong one or not, there is a "technological
view" here, namely I recall hitting Schematron errors in the TEI/P5
build process (the full one including tests, with `make`). So to the
extent that the test part of the process is in some way integral to the
processing of TEI sources, it looks like Schematron is considered part
of the validity requirement.

Best,

   P.