Hello Jonathan,

in the TEI-Lex0 taskforce that is in the process of formulating
streamlined baseline recommendations for dictionary encoding, we have so
far arrived at something like the following, for your case:

<entry [attributes, among them @xml:id, and xml:lang here or on the
<text> element above]>
   <gramGrp><pos>ὁ</pos></gramGrp>
   <sense>...

I have treated ὁ above as a symbol, rather than an orthographic form,
because this is the role that it plays in the entry. Variations depend
on the entire system that you assume; for example, you could do:

<pos ana="#gender_m">ὁ</pos>

if you used a separately described taxonomy of grammatical features.

Another question is how badly you need the comma in the visualisation of
your dictionary. It could be added by means of styling, on the way to
the display.

HTH,

   Piotr

--