My apologies for burdening the list further with this, but two corrections
seem to be necessary.

> On Mar 12, 2017, at 2:37 PM, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> … The DWB
> offers four senses for 'Quatsch' as a noun (plus one as an
> interjection and one as an adjective):

In the spirit of informative citation, I should have said that this
article in volume 13 is (as far as I can tell) by Matthias Lexer.
> The links to dialect dictionaries make clear that the link of Quatsch
> with mud is a strong as its link with nonsense (I mean, all the cross
> references I've followed end up in articles that have both an analog
> of sense b and an analog of sense c, no occurrences of c without
> b, nor vice versa), and suggest a relation to questchen.

For “questchen” read “quetschen”.  I hate autocorrect when it
does things like that.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC
http://www.blackmesatech.com