Hi Elisa,

I agree as well. I think it all depends on the project. For the
William Godwin Diary project
(http://godwindiary.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/index2.html) the 3 students
doing the encoding had 1.5 days of training which included
explanation of subversion as well.  Yes, they occasionally asked
questions but mostly got on with really quite rich and deep
encoding. They were all literature or politics grads with no
previous technical training.

Maybe it all comes down to the teaching. ;-)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]