Well, if you want to go that way. You can of course always write the
phoneme usually realized by Klingon speakers as [t͡ɬ] as /k/ if you like.
The point is, the word "Klingon" is invariably pronounced onscreen, even by
Klingons when speaking English, with an initial [k] (usually aspirated). So
it was a surprise - an intentional twist by Dr. Okrand, to be sure - that
the Klingon language lacks that phone.

Then again, one need only look at Germany to be impressed that the Humans'
word is even *that* close to the native one. :)

-marqoS