Leo remarks:

Long ago I also considered hima- and himal- for winter, and for frost or snow as well. The relation to Himalayas would constitute a good use of a memory hook, an approach I’ve mentioned often—one more important to me than etymology.

Thus far I have not used hima- or himal-  in Acadon, but my primary reason had more to do with my "laws of avoidance," related words, and other alternatives.

In general, I find the Sambhasa vocabulary very nice. That's subjective—and for me it’s personal, since many of the words in it are rather similar to those in my Bahasan(1992) or Acadon(in process). Our worldlang objectives are after all similar.

I applaud also the fact that Sambhasa does not act as if an Esperanto revision. It ignores the ‘reforms’ that Idoists and other Esperanto-revisionists hold sacred. It has both an /h/ and an /x/. It has more than five vowels, including the schwa /ə/ and umlauted u /ü/. It has case. I suppose some Esperanto enthusiasts might call it a throwback to Volapuk, but it is not.

My creations have less of the flavor of the original Indo-European and Sanskrit, especially in Acadon.

Their grammar is quite different. Most of my words are a bit longer, spelling differs, phonotactics simpler. There are fewer phonemes. There are more international roots from Greco-Latin, English, French, etc. Perhaps more basic root words from China, Russia, central Asia, Indonesia, Bantu, etc.

Best wishes to all               LEO

Leo John Moser