Our plastics people use tissue glue on top and steri strips. Works well

Halim
Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2017, at 11:47 PM, Amy Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

What a great idea!

I use fast absorbing gut sutures a lot. I have gotten patient feedback, however,  that some of the sutures come apart in a few days rather than preferred 7 day time period. As such, I have started putting more knots in absorbable sutures. I usually use 5.0 rather than 6.0 because the 6.0 is so fragile.

I am interested in getting others feedback on this issue.

Warm Regards,
Amy E. Johnson, M.D.
Carepoint PC
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
Denver, CO

> On May 19, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Richard Bruckner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Wondering if anyone has any literature to support or oppose the use of wound adhesive as a "sterile dressing" on top of simple interrupted fast absorbing gut sutures?
> Anecdotally I have used it to "support" the relatively fragile 6/0 FA gut sutures with success.
>
> Rich Bruckner

> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>                http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: