Hello everyone,

We are preparing to hire a new faculty member at Wake Forest.  This is a rather unusual opportunity because we have low turnover in our group.  We would love it if you would alert any residents or fellows graduating in summer of 2018 who are interested in building an academic career (see info below).

Feel free to put anyone who might be interested in this opportunity in contact with me if they wish to discuss informally.  Formal inquiries and applications should go to Dr. Jen Hannum, the chair of our recruiting committee.  Thanks for your time.

James O’Neill

Call for Aspiring and Emerging Faculty Leaders
Academic Adult and/or Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Instructor / Assistant Professor

The Department of Emergency Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine has a rare opportunity to join our team of Emergency Medicine academic faculty. We are seeking candidates with a particular interest in developing into a national leader in Pediatric EM, Toxicology, Education, Administration or Research to join our world-class team in our Mission to Care, Mission to Cure. The ideal candidate would embrace a blend of academic and community clinical practice for the patient care component of this position. Women candidates and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.  Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
·         MD/DO
·         Board Certified/Board Eligible in emergency medicine and/or pediatric emergency medicine
·         North Carolina licensure or eligible
·         Rank commensurate with credentials and experience

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center has 2 EDs at our Winston Salem academic campus that are managed by the Department of Emergency Medicine. The Adult ED sees over 75k visits per year, and is a high acuity Level 1 trauma center with numerous specialty accreditations and full subspecialty backup. The Pediatric ED at Brenner Children’s Hospital is a Pediatric Level I Trauma Center seeing approximately 37,000 patients per year.

Wake Forest School of Medicine hosts a full complement of residency and fellowship programs. Our Emergency Medicine residency program is among the oldest in the country, and is highly competitive. Among other fellowships, the Department of Emergency Medicine hosts a fully accredited pediatric emergency medicine fellowship program and a fully accredited EMS fellowship program. Our exceptional faculty are highly productive clinically and academically and have very low turn-over. Salary and benefits are highly competitive.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with a population of approximately 220,000, is home to Wake Forest Baptist Health. The city is nestled in the northwestern region of North Carolina, within easy driving distance to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and the renowned beaches of North Carolina.

For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact our Emergency Medicine Recruiting Committee Chair, Dr. Jennifer Hannum ([log in to unmask] <https://outlook.wakehealth.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ZjK9VB83Z0myR0MLrplfNnlptaX2qdQIbzGHwnVtO2IQpn7LasKW0dK2kmC61jicIaDvvfLky_Q.&URL=mailto%3ajhannum%40wakehealth.edu>).

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff.

Contact Information:
Jennifer Hannum, MD
Recruiting Committee Chair
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC  27157-1089.
[log in to unmask] <https://outlook.wakehealth.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ZjK9VB83Z0myR0MLrplfNnlptaX2qdQIbzGHwnVtO2IQpn7LasKW0dK2kmC61jicIaDvvfLky_Q.&URL=mailto%3ajhannum%40wakehealth.edu>

Dorothy D. Jones
Physician and Faculty Recruitment
Phone: 336-716-3221
Fax: 336-716-5656
[log in to unmask] <https://outlook.wakehealth.edu/OWA/redir.aspx?C=ZjK9VB83Z0myR0MLrplfNnlptaX2qdQIbzGHwnVtO2IQpn7LasKW0dK2kmC61jicIaDvvfLky_Q.&URL=mailto%3adojones%40wakehealth.edu>

> On May 30, 2017, at 12:48 PM, James C. O'Neill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> <attachment.ashx>

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html