> Jim Thain wrote:
>> I would research other abugidas or abjads. A good and easy way to do so
is
>> Omniglot.com. He has an impressive collection of both earthly writing
>> systems, and conlang writing systems. Lot's of good inspiration there.

Good thinking, Jim. I have a good knowledge base on abjads, but not so much
on abugidas. Omniglot.com is a great resource. I have been following that
site for years.

> Virginia Keys wrote:
>> Your aesthetic seems similar to that of a script I have been toying with
for
>> some time, an expansion of Shateyo, which can be seen here:
>> http://pics.conlang.org/v/Shateyo_2dws/
>>
>> The current iteration is here:
>> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_knbQ6D0s_
abGticzEyc0p1WG8?usp=sharing

>> Since the aesthetic is similar, I thought I'd share it in case it gives
you any
>> ideas.

That is a very nice script, Virginia. Thank you for sharing and I will
definitely see if there is something from your script that might spark an
idea.

> Virginia Keys wrote:
>> As for [i] looking redundant, I suggest coming up with alternate forms,
>> perhaps initial-medial-final or some ligatures, so that it's not always
written
>> the same way.

I was not intending to make different letter forms depending on its
location; however, you do bring up a valid option. I have thought about
ligatures and how I could incorporate them in the current script. I need to
study more about ligatures since I intended the letters to be stand alone,
similar to the Avestan script. I have already started working on the script
to see if I can add ligatures in the same way as Ge'ez, but there is still
much work to do.

very respectfully,

Brian B. Bourque
SFC, USA (Ret)