Stress is on the last heavy syllable + geminate consonants contrast with short is how I got into this mess. I suppose I could prioritize ambisyllabic and notate stress strictly on the vowel, though that can get messy with diphthongs vs. vowels in hiatus...
On Sun, 5/7/17, Nathan Sanders <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Consonants split by syllable boundaries
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 8:01 PM

 There's no established
 notation for ambisyllabic consonants, but in _The Phonology
 of German_, Richard Wiese suggests an overdot, as in
 [fal̇ən] (1996:36).

 But
 keep in mind that syllables are theoretical constructs, so
 you can choose a different model of the syllable to suit
 your needs (or theoretical biases).  Some notions of the
 syllable don't allow for ambisyllabic segments at all,
 while some crucially rely on them.  There are even some
 extreme models of the syllable that only allow for strict CV
 structure, with codas and consonant clusters the result of
 CV syllables containing "null" vowels.

 Think about why you even need
 to talk about syllables in your language at all, and why it
 would matter phonologically if a consonant is
 ambisyllabic.  If there is no phonological importance, and
 this is really just a question of predictable phonetic
 implementation of an intervocalic singleton consonant, then
 you don't really need a special notation for that (just
 as we don't need a special notation to indicate that the
 [b] in "bleeding" is predictably shorter than the
 one in "bee").

 Nathan

 On May 7, 2017, at 9:15 PM, The Scribbler <[log in to unmask]>
 wrote:

 > How do you
 notate a non-geminate consonant in IPA when it's clearly
 pronounced across the syllable boundary? Especially
 affricates when they are NOT consonants in hiatus?
 > I'm having a rather painful time
 trying to write up the pronunciations for this language that
 has geminate consonants phonemically and is having a ball
 with starting a consonant in the coda of one syllable and
 finishing in the onset of the
 next.