From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Itai Shavit
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question for the group regarding fracture reduction

Guys, in your ED:

Are there any clear indications (or a protocol) as to what types of fractures need to be treated surgically (in the OR)?

Are there any clear indications (or a protocol) as to what types of fractures need to be reduced under fluoroscopy?

Regarding forearm fractures. Do the orthopedic surgeons in your facility treat with closed reduction all types of fractures? What about Prox. shaft or Mid. shaft Radius? Prox/Mid both bones? Monteggia? What about fractures that occurred 48 hours or more prior ED admission?

THNX,

Itai Shavit

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html