I get the data on the MRI...But do you have open MRI?Are you not running into issues with getting kids into the MRI machine?Are you sedating these kids?Trying to rap my hands around this one.We have been utilizing non oral contrast ct for quite some time and I cant remember one bad outcome.With saying that, I maybe have done 1 or 2 abdominal CT scans in the past year or two looking for appendicitis and thatcus is only if there is something atypical on the history...History and physical exam with a tincture of wbc and crp for me.Equivocal gets placed in obs or gets timed follow up with pcp or back in the er in some atypical cases.US, I do, but honestly, thinking more and more it is a waste...sort of...
Todd Z

-------- Original message --------From: Niel Miele <[log in to unmask]> Date: 6/29/17  7:25 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: not using oral contrast
Easy answer. Emergent MRI approved. :-)
Niel