I agree 100%.  I only do family-witnessed resuscitations, regardless of the cause.  We operate on the same principle here in Iraq and I find that it's the best way to do this.  The parents can provide lots of information and help to calm the child better than anyone else.
My two cents.  FYI, it's seriously hot here and no AC!!  Yikes!!
Mike Falk
P.S.  If folks are interested in volunteering here, please email me.  We can discuss the work, conditions etc, and I'll connect you to the group if still interested.
Mike Falk

Sent from my iPhone