From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Cummings
Sent: July 24, 2017 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: collating relineations in TEI

Hi Janelle

I think it depends what you mean by relineation. Does http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-retrace.html do what you want?

James
--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford

On 24 Jul 2017 20:22, Janelle Jenstad <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear TEI colleagues,

I am trying to find a TEI method for recording editorial relineations of verse in Renaissance drama. Context: We are taking a corpus tagged in an idiosyncratic “SGMLvish” and converting everything to TEI. Some of the conversions are relatively simple; others are requiring a wholesale rethink of our editorial procedures.

Our predecessor project included relineations with other textual variants in a single collation file. We are using the double endpoint attachment method for collation.

I’d be very glad if someone would point us to some examples in any project. Or if we are not finding the right section of the guidelines, please point me to the right spot.

(I don’t normally post questions to this list because I have the great good fortune of working 10 feet away from Martin Holmes. But he is on holiday. Hoping the TEI hive can help out in his absence!)

With thanks,

Janelle

Janelle Jenstad, Executive Director and Coordinating Platform Editor, Internet Shakespeare Editions ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Victoria

Director, The Map of Early Modern London

Skype:  janelle.jenstad; Cell: +1 250-858-7269; Time zone: UTC -8<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/canada/victoria>