Thank you, Lou and Robert for your messages.

At the moment, only one part of the Website is TEI-XML based (we are in a
transition phase from a main PDF viewer to other alternatives, including
the TEI viewer).

The functionality of displaying or downloading the TEI-XML source of the
documents is not available in the current version of the Transviewer. The
tool is integrated in a Back End / Front End architecture. The TEI-XML
documents are uploaded onto the Back End (or generated via Back End
scripts). During the publication on the Front End, the transformation from
TEI-XML to XHTML is performed by means of XSLT stylesheets and a Java
processor. The result of this transformation is then displayed on the
Website via the Transviewer.

We also have an earlier version of the Transviewer allowing the
transformation of TEI-XML to XHTML directly in the browser (which might
allow as well visualising the TEI-XML code) but encountered some problems
with the non-uniform support for XSLT 2.0 and Saxon CE in different
browsers.

In this respect, the open source release we are preparing may be slightly
different from the current version running on the Website. Suggestions and
comments from the community are, of course, welcome.

Kind regards,
Florentina