Have to tell my one Las Vegas PEM joke:

In Las Vegas we have a technique that is unique for coin ingestion:

1. Have the child stand on the exam table and sit in a semi-squat position.

2. Have them flex their elbow at 90 degrees.

3. Have the parents cup their hands underneath their child.

4. Pull down the child's flexed extremity at the wrist in a caudad
direction.

5. Watch the magic!

Hasn't worked for me yet but I get a few laughs!

Jay Fisher MD
Children's Hospital of Nevada

                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html