Thanks for all of the replies on the IN ketamine.

My conclusions:

   - There is limited data but several of us have been experimenting with
   using it
   - Low doses can give some pain relief
   - Higher doses (9-10mg/kg) can give you some dissociative effect
   - The effect is inconsistent
   - The advantage over other agents seems to be limited, e.g. IN fentanyl
   for pain, IN versed or nitrous oxide or anxiolysis
   - Indeed, for many of us, the full procedural sedation protocol will
   need to go into effect regardless of the route of administration.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Rick

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Rick Place <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is anyone using IN ketamine or does anyone have a protocol for this?
>
> There are plenty of other options, but every case is unique.
>
> I see literature from 1mg/kg to 9mg/kg. Seems like a crazy dosing range.
>
> Anyone with any direct experience with this?
>
> Rick Place
>
> Inova Fairfax

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html