If the PICU is requesting this to be done, do we think that:

a. the PICU is concerned about the continued teaching of the Peds ER residents/Fellows and wants to demonstrate the fluidity of the continuity of care.
b. the PICU attending wants the resident/fellow to be involved with the initial component of the patients care while the PICU ATTENDING is there teaching away
c. They want another warm body that could be held responsible for the pt?

How about this as a response...
Say,
"Sure, that is a great idea...really brings the whole continuity of care thing together...and in the spirit of this great idea, the expectation must be bilateral to even further enhance the experience....Once the resident or fellow believes a pt. needs to be admitted to the PICU, the expectation will be for you, the PICU physician, the RN, and the RT, to come down to the Peds ER, for a multidisciplinary rounding."

Sorry I am being cynical today...

I just had to deal with a community Pediatrician making an accusation that in not so many words that the Peds ER's are not seeing patients that come in, we are diagnosing them with viral syndromes,and sending the patients back to the PMD's because of Obamacare....and making up the medical records on thousands upon thousands of patients...as he thinks that we are picking and choosing as some insurances are not paying for non emergencies...
Hello...pt.s do not even get registered with insurance information until AFTER the Medical Screening EXAM is done, and we do not even care or look at insurance EVER....
AHHHH!
I mean seriously...

Dr. Todd Zimmerman

** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which is legally protected from disclosure. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and appropriately delete the material from your computer. Thank you.