Awesome!I usually tell the parents, if they swallowed a penny, and poop out a nickel, to please call me as we have a business!Todd Z

-------- Original message --------From: Jay Fisher <[log in to unmask]> Date: 8/2/17  8:39 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: trzim29 <[log in to unmask]> Cc: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: Peds EM Denmark?
Have to tell my one Las Vegas PEM joke:

In Las Vegas we have a technique that is unique for coin ingestion:

1. Have the child stand on the exam table and sit in a semi-squat position.

2. Have them flex their elbow at 90 degrees.

3.  Have the parents cup their hands underneath their child.

4. Pull down the child's flexed extremity at the wrist in a caudad direction.

5. Watch the magic!

Hasn't worked for me yet but I get a few laughs!

Jay Fisher MD
Children's Hospital of Nevada