From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynn Lawrence
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2017 7:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Laceration Photodocumentation

Is there any app like this for Cerner?  Although I'm sure the answer is no...
Lynn LawrenceCardon's Children Medical CenterMesa, AZ

On Saturday, August 5, 2017, 3:36:30 PM MST, Gmail <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Our facility recently started using EPIC. With the EPIC Haiku app on the iPhone, photos are quite easy. At the start of each shift, a log-on password is needed; for the rest of the shift, Touch ID logs on instantly. I now document most lacerations (pre- most of the time; post- on occasion), as well as many rashes including cellulitis (quite useful if the patient returns for recheck, either planned or unplanned). I documented a swollen red foot recently, suspected gout flare midfoot. I used it to insert an image of an outside EKG as well. Adding the images to my notes provides a vivid picture of what I am seeing, much better than describing something with words alone. I have only positive feedback from colleagues, and many requests to show how to use the software. I think this is one of the big positives to our new EHR.

Matt Perl, MD, FAAEM
Scripps Clinic-San Diego
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__listserv.brown.edu_ped-2Dem-2Dl.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Zoipt4Nmcnjorr_6TBHi1A&r=OEAcDBhKd1bBVBZ7Nc3Fw3kv26NKjEPV_b7vJcfJGSg&m=tkAyZ0Mfk_qJB0Mc77F1WfGVCtAZKr5xjumefyNAH2A&s=7x-5MxU5PoZl4_-nLNBvMTJ6JvXQOko5Cp0v-7Rz4To&e=

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__listserv.brown.edu_ped-2Dem-2Dl.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Zoipt4Nmcnjorr_6TBHi1A&r=OEAcDBhKd1bBVBZ7Nc3Fw3kv26NKjEPV_b7vJcfJGSg&m=tkAyZ0Mfk_qJB0Mc77F1WfGVCtAZKr5xjumefyNAH2A&s=7x-5MxU5PoZl4_-nLNBvMTJ6JvXQOko5Cp0v-7Rz4To&e=

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html