Dear Colleagues,

Greetings! The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Children’s Hospital is growing. We are seeking to recruit multiple Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians (board certified/eligible) in both the clinician educator and the clinician scientist tracks.

Washington University and St. Louis Children’s Hospital rank among the top medical schools and top children’s hospitals in the US. The Emergency Department is a fantastic place to work with ~55,000 visits/year and a very busy trauma program. St Louis Children’s Hospital serves a diverse patient population and is expanding into a brand new 13 story building this year. The hospital is also opening multiple peripheral outpatient facilities throughout the region.  The Pediatric Emergency Medicine group is friendly, successful and family oriented. Our faculty have a wide-range of interests from clinical education to translational and clinical research and have obtained K and R NIH level funding as well as funding from other governmental and non-governmental sources. We belong to the federally funded PECARN research network and to the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee.  Our faculty and fellows are leading and participating in many multicenter network studies. We have research assistants and students enrolling patients for clinical studies 16 hours per day. The Patient Oriented Research Unit at Washington University provides significant administrative support to our investigators. Our fellowship program is top notch and continues to grow. We host a regional annual clinical bootcamp with first year fellows from 7 institutions and this year we are training our first PEM Ultrasound fellow.  Both the Department and the University provide a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment for clinical practice, education and investigation, with unique opportunities for inter and intra departmental collaborations. There are multiple opportunities for growth and leadership, as well as opportunities to develop expertise in QI, administration, medical education, international health and research, and have a meaningful and satisfying career in PEM.

Salary and benefits are very competitive.

The St. Louis metropolitan area has approximately 2.5 million people, with diverse, beautiful urban and suburban neighborhoods and moderate cost of living. There are abundant cultural and recreational opportunities.  These include a world-class symphony orchestra, two opera companies, professional theater and dance, and professional sports.  In addition, there are many parks (including the 1,300 acre Forest Park right across from the hospital) and trails for hiking, jogging and cycling.  Finally, St. Louis region offers outstanding public and private schools and a wide variety of child friendly attractions making it a wonderful place to raise children.

If you wish to hear more about these opportunities, about life in St Louis and about our group, please contact us by email or come chat with us at the NCE in September
Hope to talk to many of you soon!

Kimberly Quayle, MD
Dana Brown Professor of Pediatrics
Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8116
St. Louis, MO 63110
(314) 454-2341

David Schnadower, MD MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Fellowship Director and Associate Division Director (Research)
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8116
St. Louis, MO 63110
(314) 747 5604

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: