Naveen Poonai has shared a OneDrive file with you. To view it, click the link below.

<https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlpD7kNtj0EagiYdiy7gqNrzKIYi>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-pdf_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlpD7kNtj0EagiYdiy7gqNrzKIYi>

Fallsview BEEM 2017 Announcement[1].pdf<https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlpD7kNtj0EagiYdiy7gqNrzKIYi>

Please see the attached flyer for a great CME event where emergency physicians who are also EBM experts critically review the most recent literature (adult and paeds) and discuss why you should or should not incorporate their findings into your practice.

Naveen Poonai MSc MD FRCPC

Paediatric Emergency Physician, Children's Hospital, London Health Sciences Center

Associate Professor Paediatrics and Internal Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Associate Scientist, Child Health Research Institute

Research Director, Division of Paediatric Emergency Medicine

800 Commissioners Road East, Room E4-221, London, Ontario, N6A 5W9

Phone: 519 694 5309  Fax: 519 667 6769 Alternate email: [log in to unmask]

[https://gwwa.lhsc.on.ca/gw/webacc?action=Get.Embedded.Image&User.context=c385f7cb5e8f8a64c844cada6503fe225ca8575&Embedded.Image.id=15033646d32a.mpf]

[https://gwwa.lhsc.on.ca/gw/webacc?action=Get.Embedded.Image&User.context=c385f7cb5e8f8a64c844cada6503fe225ca8575&Embedded.Image.id=/15025caefd3a.mpf]

________________________________
We currently don't have a protocol for IN ketamine for the reasons that James and Daniel have identified.  However, in preparation for the upcoming multicentre trial comparing IN ketamine to IV ketamine, we have done some pilot work. Our feasibility study with a lower concentration (50 mg/kg) at 8 mg/kg for fracture reduction required rescue sedation in 57% of patients and had a median time to adequate sedation of 10 minutes. We'll be presenting the work at ACEP on Oct 30 if interested.  Also, see the link for the systematic review below.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0173253

Naveen Poonai MSc MD FRCPC

Paediatric Emergency Physician, Children's Hospital, London Health Sciences Center

Associate Professor Paediatrics and Internal Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Associate Scientist, Child Health Research Institute

Research Director, Division of Paediatric Emergency Medicine

800 Commissioners Road East, Room E4-221, London, Ontario, N6A 5W9

Phone: 519 694 5309  Fax: 519 667 6769 Alternate email: [log in to unmask]

[https://gwwa.lhsc.on.ca/gw/webacc?action=Get.Embedded.Image&User.context=c385f7cb5e8f8a64c844cada6503fe225ca8575&Embedded.Image.id=15033646d32a.mpf]

[https://gwwa.lhsc.on.ca/gw/webacc?action=Get.Embedded.Image&User.context=c385f7cb5e8f8a64c844cada6503fe225ca8575&Embedded.Image.id=/15025caefd3a.mpf]

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html