Hi all,
Are any of the PEM providers on the list working in or with combined units?
My understanding is that there are some combined units seeing the lower acuity ED patients as well as inpatients, staffed by pediatric hospitalists.
We want to get our pediatric patients out of the general ED (no room for separate space there) and are considering a joint unit with combined PEM / hospitalist provider coverage.   I would appreciate input from anyone with this experience (good or bad).  Please feel free to respond privately.
Kathey Goetz
Cell# 253-370-7571

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html