Tough situation.  Did you contact hospital Social Services or directly to Child Protective Services?  I would write a very strongly worded letter to your Child Protective Services with copies to whomever should know about this case.  Alternatively, or in addition, send the case to your ethics committee.

That's all I have.  Good luck.

Pam

Pamela S. Murphy, MD, FAAP

Mendy's Place, Children's Emergency Center

HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center

Lead Physician

Myelomeningocele Planning Clinic

Children's Rehabilitative Services, District Medical Group