________________________________
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of jim tsung <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 20 August 2017 19:12

With a drug/opioid epidemic raging on, is it advisable to expose kids to the idea of putting stuff up your nose, sniffing or snorting after experiencing IN administration of controlled substances in the ED?    How many children go on to experiment after IN administration of controlled substances in the ED?  I think IV/IM use presents a better barrier to the majority of kids that dislike needle sticks.

Jim Tsung

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html