we have MRI 24/7 available . our limiting step is someone to read it in real time. many of our overnight on call radiologists are not trained in abdo MRI reads so w need to figure out ahead of time prior to ordering if they are comfortable reading. if not we get a less than stellar read from them with an official read much later which doesn't help a ton at 2 am. also if the child is young and needs anesthesia to sedate that also becomes a problem.

Alexander Arroyo MD
Direct Reply: https://www.docmatter.com/alexanderarroyo
Division Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY, USA

This is a reply to the discussion started by Jennifer Marin MD, MSc:

Hi everyone-

We are working on a protocol for MRI for patients with suspected appendicitis.  The rate...
Full discussion:
https://www.docmatter.com/dm/app/profile/discussion?msid=22112

Alexander Arroyo uses DocMatter to manage, filter, and archive ListServ emails.
To request your free access to DocMatter please email [log in to unmask]

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html