POCUS is a game changer on many many diagnosises. Procedural, Intuss, appy, renal, fast, lung, the list goes on and on. I couldn't practice in the ED ever without it. I have brought my staff up to speed via sim and in situ to all of the basics of POCUS and they also agree it's invaluable. The deeper you get the more amazing things you can do.  Luckily our radiologists and surgeons have embraced our use of POCUS. We have found things that the tech has missed and disagreed with rads on certain cases that actually helped the surgeon in the long run.  Both departments respect our use of POCUS and our opinion. That wasn't a short easy process. You need a champion who is actually great at POCUS and won't be a cowboy overcalling things. I'm pretty conservative and only make a diagnosis when I'm sure of it.  All of our scans are pushed to pacs and are open for anyone to view. I was lucky to partner with a strong EM sono Dept to move our agenda forward.

Alexander Arroyo MD
Direct Reply: https://www.docmatter.com/alexanderarroyo
Division Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY, USA

This is a reply to the discussion started by Marjan Askar MD:

Interested in learning how often does the group use POCUS  in their daily practice in the emergency department...
Full discussion:
https://www.docmatter.com/dm/app/profile/discussion?msid=22263

Alexander Arroyo uses DocMatter to manage, filter, and archive ListServ emails.
To request your free access to DocMatter please email [log in to unmask]

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html