Hello!

My name is Lauren. Long time list lurker, and infrequent poster. I just
started a new job in the linguistics department at La Trobe University in
Melbourne, Australia. In the last year or so they're updated their Intro to
Linguistics course. It's now called Imagining Language. Students learn
about linguistic theory through natlangs and conlangs. As far as I can tell
the small assignments mostly focus on natlangs, but the students have to
come up with a basic conlang for the final assignment.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/students/subjects/current/lin1iml-imagining-language

I'm only a temporary postdoc in the department, so I doubt I'll get to
teach the subject - but I thought it was a neat development!

Lauren