On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 5:12 AM, C. Brickner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> How strict are you in maintaining the word order you have given to your
> conlangs? What are the reasons that you deviate from this word order? I'm
> especially interested in SVO.
> Charlie

Ilion is pretty strictly SOV, though the verb can be fronted:

Simple declarative sentences are almost always SOV. VSO is licit but very
marked.
Interrogative sentences are SOV or VSO in roughly equal proportion. The
rule of thumb is that if the question focuses on a participant ("Did HE do
it?"), it is SOV, but if it is on the act itself ("Did this occur?"), it is
VSO.
Imperatives are frequently V(S)O, particularly for quick commands.

Fronting non-oblique objects is done through clefting. Cleft sentences are
always SOV.