On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Puey McCleary <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If I remember right _chuvmey_ means "(Grammatical) leftovers" in Klingon.
> I don't have my notes with me, so I don't know whether the singular is
> *chuv or *chuvwI' or perhaps something completely different.  _jatmey_ are
> "(scattered) tongues" or "tongues here and there," perhaps as the result of
> a battle with the salt monster that attacked McCoy in the first aired
> episode.  _jatDu'_ would be "tongues."  I'm going from memory here, so I
> may be completely wrong.
>
> I do vaguely remember a version of the Andorian language which had its own
> perhaps whimsical grammatical tradition ... I'll need to search for that.
> ​

-TANGENT-

*References boQwI' (an Android app)*

The singular of chuvmey is indeed chuv.

---
chuv

n. leftover

This can be used for leftover food. However, the core of an apple, which
isn't eaten, is SuqSIv (n).

See also: chuv (v)

Source(s): [1] Saarbrücken qepHom'a' 2015

---

On an even more off-topic note, my oldest brother ate a lot of apple cores
when he was little. He'd have them gobbled down before anyone could stop
him... somehow he survived...

-Christa
(who still knows basically nothing about linguistics and thus doesn't
really have anything to add to the discussion :-P)