Thanks Dirk! I'm stoked you like the show, and your students sound like a lucky bunch to have had such an enthusiastic teacher.

And Rosta - Thanks for giving this thread a subject (you can tell that infrequent posting has lead to rusty listserv skills!). Although the results from the kiki/bouba test may not be surprising to you, they go against everything that has been postulated about that particular test to date (and we know - my coauthor did a meticulous meta-analysis as part of the paper). We've made all our methods and tools open access (including 3D printable kiki and bouba!) so it's easy enough to replicate: https://osf.io/wt95v/ (paper summary here: http://www.superlinguo.com/post/164947297693/when-does-malumatakete-fail-two-key-failures-and)

I think about things like kiki/bouba a lot when I'm conlanging - phonosemantic iconicity is a fun thing to think about when choosing between a couple of options. In fact, in the lexicon of the lang I'm currently working on 'small' is /kik/ and 'large' is /bawb/ - I'd love to see hypothetical speakers of that language take the kiki/bouba test :)