The lyrebird of Australia can mimic sounds of construction equipment among
other things. It has the ability to mimic more sounds than any other
songbird due to the complex muscle structure in its syrinx. Recordings of
it mimicking the human voice is uncommon, however it has been heard
mimicking a baby crying. That would be rather creepy to hear deep in the
woods when no one else is around.

very respectfully,

Brian Bourque
SFC, USA (Ret)