On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Matthew George <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My only objection to that is that the -logical ending has taken on the
> specialized meaning of "a field of study", whereas this would be drawing on
> something closer to the original meaning of logos.  In the pattern of
> phonetic and phonic, we'd have chromalogic.
>
> Matt G.

For referring directly to the words, I am thinking of "logochromatic"
parallel with "logographic" and "logogram".  The actual color-display
indicating a word is a logochrome.   "Chromatology", if taken as a
linguistic term (it's already in use as the study of colors in general),
strikes me as being parallel with phonology and morphology, but that's just
my personal impression.

-Mike