I am also a provider in California

Canabanoids remain a part of our basic urine drug screen. Which I will run on any altered child. It’s nice to avoid a head CT/LP, if the kid just got into their parents supply of pot gummy bears (how about some legislation requiring opaque packaging, dosage labeling and not allowing drugs that appear to be candy/cookies?). It’s a test sent to our lab not POC.

This is different then the parent who brings in their teen and wants a drug screen, which I will refuse... unless the teen wants to “prove them wrong”.

Out of curiosity.... I heard from a “friend” that giving 100% CBD oil to someone who has acute THC intoxication will improve their mental status. Presumably because they compete for the same cannabinoid receptors and cbd is less psychogenic. I have not seen any research testing this directly. Has anyone tried this? Or do you just wait it out? .

Seth

                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html