I want to associate a number of standardized identifiers with author
names, in order to be able to link the people in our texts with their
appearances in other texts and repositories. So for example, for John
Dolben, I want to add the following:

LCCN: n85143439
VIAF: 66813114
Electronic Enlightenment: dolbejohn0004746

We've currently got the following home-made solution as a placeholder
while we work out a more TEI-conformat way to do it:

             <author>Dolben, John, 1625-1686.<idno
type="EE:BIO">dolbejohn0004746</idno><idno

Following 'Best Practices for TEI in Libraries'
(http://www.tei-c.org/SIG/Libraries/teiinlibraries/3.1.0a/main-driver.html#index.xml-body.1_div.3_div.9),
I see that a 'ref' attribute in a 'persName' element would be preferred
for this type of information, and that the attribute value should
ideally be a URI. But unlike the examples in the above guide, we have
more than one attribute, and the following is not valid:

*        <author><persName
ref="http://dx.doi.org/10.13051/ee:bio/dolbejohn0004746"
ref="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85143439"
ref="https://viaf.org/viaf/66813114/">Dolben, John,