The question arose in the context of a theoretical discussion about representing identity with TEI. I do not have a user case, but I think encoding and retrieving race might be relevant in projects that focus on contemporary writers and artists.

Best,

You could use <affiliation> or <trait>, since race is usually externally defined.

On 14/11/17 18:23, Martin Holmes wrote:
I'm intrigued (and a little nervous) to find out what values you might want to supply for race. What's the use-case?

Cheers,
Martin

On 2017-11-14 10:09 AM, Antonio Rojas Castro wrote:
Dear list,

I am wondering why there is no tag to store information about race or ethnicity to describe a person using <person>.

How are we supposed to encode this *basic* of information? Is it recommended the use of <trait>, <note type=“race”> or maybe I should just extend the vocabulary on my own?

Thanks

--
​Dr. Antonio Rojas Castro
Researcher, Cologne Center for eHumanities

--
​Antonio Rojas Castro
Postdoctoral Researcher, Cologne Center for eHumanities