On 24 November 2017 at 19:51, Videosalle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was watching a video from a YouTuber called artifexian and then I saw this:
> Person
> Place
> Collection
> Tool
> Adjective
> Causative
> Diminutive
>
> And I wondered if there was an official list, a general list for this category of words that modify a root word to make up the others.

Not really. Artifexian's list is just a collection of simple
illustrative examples. They're not terribly specific, and they aren't
even all of the same type. For example,any of those other categories
could simultaneously be "adjectives", or not, because "adjective" is a
syntactic category and the others are semantic categories.

The general category you are probably looking for is "derivational
operations" or "derivational affixes". There is no single official or
comprehensive list; what options will be available varies from
language to language. The possible entries are effectively
infinite--which is probably a large part of why Artifexian just picked
a somewhat random collection of relatively simple examples for
illustrative purposes.

-l.