The actions you describe fit with what we do, but we're doing that at 220V.

Do you have anything you can forward/link in terms of evidence/data as to which is the voltage level above which one should act differently (more work-up/observation) and why?

Thanks in advance!

________________________________
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Chamberlain, James <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 03 December 2017 19:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Low voltage superficial electrical burns

Household sockets are 110 volt and are rarely harmful. I would check for exit site and if none, assume local injury. If forearm or arm are tender, consider rhabdomyolysis from 60-hertz induced muscular tetanus.

If 220 volt, I would do more work up and observation.

Jim Chamberlain
Washington, DC

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html