On the Casebooks Project we use @precision loads on <time> and less
often but still often enough on <date>. It seems (to me) a succinct way
of saying 'this must have happened at around this time but not
necessarily at exactly this time'. What should we use instead - @cert?
That seems less satisfactory to me, because we aren't trying to say we
aren't sure that it was around that time, just that we aren't sure
exactly what 'around' means (which rules out @notBefore and @notAfter).

John