Hello James

Thanks for the positive feedback. I did think about whether or not to
explain that particular piece of magic, or just leave it there
unexplained. It certainly works without any associated prefix definition
that I'm aware of: indeed a glance at the source of odd2odd.xsl shows
that this is strong magic which does not use a predefined prefix
definition at all: it uses a stylesheet parameter called
defaultTEIserver. (So what would happen if you did document "tei:" in
your header as you suggest is anyone's guess)

However, you're right that it's bad pedagogic practice to sneak in a
completely new topic (versioning) in the last sentence without more
discussion, so I'll tweak that section some more. Thanks again, and I
hope you are enjoying Akihabara!

sayonara,

Lou